Disabling of access to some functions on Navigation Screen while moving

InfinitiJXForum.com is the premier Infiniti JX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Disabling of access to some functions on Navigation Screen while moving

I can't believe I just paid for a $55,000 vehicle where I can't access certain options on the navigation screen while the car is in motion that I can access on my $100.00 garmin portable.
    I have looked a little around the internet for a way around this disabling feature but it seems cutting into the vehicle's wiring is the only way to bypass this safety nazi feature. Does anyone know a better fix for this annoyance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

i dont think anybody figured out a work around yet. I'm sure if you have a car stereo shop you trust they can bypass it for you. i was annoyed that it did not let me store my current location as a favorite. whats the point of "where am i" if you cant save the location.

In my Armada, you simply wired in a switch that would disable the speed sensor wire if you wanted full access to the Nav features while driving...I mean if you wanted your passenger to

It's well documented if you search for it. I'm not 100% sure it would work for the JX, but someone has to be the first to try. The other work-around for several of the features is to use the voice commands. There are many more options available to you that way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

^Is this ur first vehicle with a fact. navi.? All fact. navi. come this way by law. Look up KPR or something for a bypass chip/kit.
    2013 JX35 AWD (Obsedian Black/Java: All Packages)
    2005 G35 Coupe - Sport: Manual (Brillant Silver/Graphite: All Packages)

Acuras let you bypass it in screen

It's soooo annoying!!!

Audi's let you bypass by agreeing that you should not enter addy's while driving. Simple way to relieve the manufacturer of liability. Good news is the voice commands are WAY better now than how they were in my 2006 Infiniti M45. They system couldn't recognize anything. The new Infiniti system recognizes voice commands very well.
    2013 Infiniti JX (ordered) Moonlight White/Wheat-Maple
    2010 Audi S4 Brilliant Red 6 SP DSG

I find the voice command entry method too cumbersome.
    My old Tomtom has a better way. You just say out the entire destination address including house number, street, city and state and then does a confirmation.
    Unlike the JX where you will reach your destination by the time you make it understand where you want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3[ ] View Post
    ^Is this ur first vehicle with a fact. navi.? All fact. navi. come this way by law. Look up KPR or something for a bypass chip/kit.
    This is my first car with Navigation built in. Very annoyed by how poor it performs compared to my portable Garmin. It has a hard time with estimated time of arrival and it does not show the ETA other than how much time is left. The voice commands are just OK but with only 5 choices of which none are where you want, it is a pain sometimes. What does work well is calling infiniti connection and having a live person download a destination you ask for. This is very cool if you don't mind talking to a REAL person.

I plan to bypass the safety on the nav. system eventually. When I do, I will post instructions. Just wish there was a software fix. I hate cutting into wires in a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjyokel View Post
    In my Armada, you simply wired in a switch that would disable the speed sensor wire if you wanted full access to the Nav features while driving...I mean if you wanted your passenger to

It's well documented if you search for it. I'm not 100% sure it would work for the JX, but someone has to be the first to try. The other work-around for several of the features is to use the voice commands. There are many more options available to you that way.
    I wired in a switch for my 2003 G35 Coupe to bypass the navi lockout during driving, but the seamless way then was the existing switch in the glove compartment. It worked, but you had to open the glove compartment, do your navi programming, then flick the switch and close the glove compartment again. That turned out to be kind of a pain, as did the waiting around for the navi system to recalibrate. The Navi system thinks you are stopped while you are programming, so when you go live again, your location is a mile or so back. Sometimes it took 2-3 minutes to retrack itself to the satellites up in the sky!

I will not be doing this to the JX because you can use voice recognition to program by address while driving and Infiniti Connection to download the location to your car if you only know the name of the place or just the category you want.
    2013 JX35 AWD Liquid Platinum / Graphite, Premium, Theater, Deluxe Touring, Technology, Tow, Roof Rails
    2007 G35 S Sedan
    2003 G35 Sport Coupe

13. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)