Disabling of access to some functions on Navigation Screen while moving - Page 3

InfinitiJXForum.com is the premier Infiniti JX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjacob View Post
    I already posted your link in another thread as well (the next modification thread)
    Thanks! Hopefully someone will take me up on the offer or if anyone is near me (Princeton area of NJ) we could take a look together.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
    We have a plug and play solution for many Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. I know that technically we have a solution for the JX but haven't had access to a JX to put the instructions together on how to get to the relevant connector on the AV unit. I haven't posting our company name because I don't want to break any forum rules, but please PM me if you are interested.
    As long as the switch is easy to access by both the driver and passenger, I'm Definately in when available.

Modding your car, something you already own is not illegal.

Anyone have an update on the availability of this bypass unit?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

I'm itching to get my hands on the bypass/hack. The first thing I'm going to do is bypass the last gen Infiniti Nav and port iPhone Wase nav to the center dash using a $5 ebay cable. This will give me current-gen graphics, social feedback on traffic, police, and weather. And, it will auto-reroute me around issues.

When Wase is not in use, it will give me a nice display when Pandora is playing.

I posted about being able to watch movies on the front NAV screen while driving, this mod also allows you to have full use and input of the NAV while you are driving.

Here is a link to the details:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/watch-mov...g-t564015.html
    Last edited by mmmits23; 09-24-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmits23 View Post
    I posted about being able to watch movies on the front NAV screen while driving, this mod also allows you to have full use and input of the NAV while you are driving.

Looks like I have a project next weekend. You didn't happen to take a few installation pics? I'm capable of really stupid things the first time through.

Also, where did you end up installing the switch?
    Last edited by yeller; 09-24-2012 at 01:18 AM.

I have the sections of the Factory Service Manuals saved, that is about it, it was very easy to take out the necessary center console pieces to complete the mod, easier than any vehicle I have done thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
    Thanks! Hopefully someone will take me up on the offer or if anyone is near me (Princeton area of NJ) we could take a look together.
    When will this product be available? I was originally thinking of permanently doing this, but what will be the implications of the NAV and DVD thinking that the "parking brake" is always on? I figured by having the "parking brake" tricked to on, that I would be able to access the car settings as well: for ex, setting of headlight timer, memory seats setting, all the stuff that's "greyed" out while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmits23 View Post

By doing this mod, will the NAV keep thinking that the car is "stationary" and not moving? I.e. - will the NAV stop navigating you to where you want to go? The purpose of this is really for my wife (or me if she's driving) to be able to watch the movie during long trips. But the driver still wants to be able to make use of the NAV....

First off, when you do this mod, you are NOT tricking the parking brake.....the ONLY thing you are tricking is the Nav screen, literally nothing else.

Yes, your Nav and route info will basically be "frozen", but the second you flip the switch the Nav quickly locates your position and updates your route info. So if you know you are close to making a turn, flip back to the Nav screen, pretty simple.

I can tell everyone here I am as anal as a person gets, and this is a great mod, and even better, it almost costs you nothing to do, so thank Nissan-Infiniti for keeping this simple!!!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)