Disabling of access to some functions on Navigation Screen while moving - Page 2

InfinitiJXForum.com is the premier Infiniti JX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrwilliams1 View Post
    This is my first car with Navigation built in. Very annoyed by how poor it performs compared to my portable Garmin. It has a hard time with estimated time of arrival and it does not show the ETA other than how much time is left. The voice commands are just OK but with only 5 choices of which none are where you want, it is a pain sometimes. What does work well is calling infiniti connection and having a live person download a destination you ask for. This is very cool if you don't mind talking to a REAL person.

I plan to bypass the safety on the nav. system eventually. When I do, I will post instructions. Just wish there was a software fix. I hate cutting into wires in a brand new car.
    Can't wait to hear how that goes. FYI, on our road trip we figured out that no matter what your avg speed, your current speed, or anything else, the navi shows ETA based on miles remaining divided by 55 MPH! No joke...try it out. I've looked everywhere, and that assumption does not appear to be adjustable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jessydog View Post
    Can't wait to hear how that goes. FYI, on our road trip we figured out that no matter what your avg speed, your current speed, or anything else, the navi shows ETA based on miles remaining divided by 55 MPH! No joke...try it out. I've looked everywhere, and that assumption does not appear to be adjustable.
    I don't think any gps will base destination time on the vehicle speed...otherwise it would constantly change and even go to "never" when you're stopped

Most navis use the speed limit depending where you are to determine the arrival time. It doesn't want to liable for telling you to go 75 in a 55 zone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

The Navigation in the JX actually change the estimated time of remaining, may not be every seconds, but it is adjusting. When I was using it, it always shows I've 0 min left when I'm very near the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinrwilliams1 View Post
    I can't believe I just paid for a $55,000 vehicle where I can't access certain options on the navigation screen while the car is in motion that I can access on my $100.00 garmin portable.
    I have looked a little around the internet for a way around this disabling feature but it seems cutting into the vehicle's wiring is the only way to bypass this safety nazi feature. Does anyone know a better fix for this annoyance.
    We have a plug and play solution for many Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. I know that technically we have a solution for the JX but haven't had access to a JX to put the instructions together on how to get to the relevant connector on the AV unit. I haven't posting our company name because I don't want to break any forum rules, but please PM me if you are interested.

The estimated time of arrival is computed based on the type of streets for the route. You can set the average speed that is used for calculating this ETA. Look in the settings and there are 4 types of streets (highways, residential, city etc) roads that all have independent speeds.

I like the navi quite a bit. I wish I could enter the exact place while the car is moving, but as far as routing etc it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by uf300zx View Post
    The estimated time of arrival is computed based on the type of streets for the route. You can set the average speed that is used for calculating this ETA. Look in the settings and there are 4 types of streets (highways, residential, city etc) roads that all have independent speeds.

I like the navi quite a bit. I wish I could enter the exact place while the car is moving, but as far as routing etc it is great.
    That is what these bypass kits allow (among other things):
    You temporarily override/bypass the restriction with the use of the remote (which can be paired with the homelink buttons on the mirror if you prefer)
    Do what you need to do without the restrictions
    And then turn the bypass off and back to normal

I would post a link to our site which show other cars like the FX35 working but not sure if that is permitted.

Just post...if it gets remove then oh wells.

Quote Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
    That is what these bypass kits allow (among other things):
    You temporarily override/bypass the restriction with the use of the remote (which can be paired with the homelink buttons on the mirror if you prefer)
    Do what you need to do without the restrictions
    And then turn the bypass off and back to normal

I would post a link to our site which show other cars like the FX35 working but not sure if that is permitted.
    2013 JX35 AWD (Obsedian Black/Java: All Packages)
    2005 G35 Coupe - Sport: Manual (Brillant Silver/Graphite: All Packages)

Quote Originally Posted by i<3[ ] View Post
    Just post...if it gets remove then oh wells.
    I couldn't see anything in the rules saying I couldn't so here goes
    http://www.carkitcompany.com/

Look at the FX 2010+ Nav kit because that is the closest to the JX. On inspection of the wiring diagrams the FX and JX are almost identical. There are two extra pins occupied with the JX but we can easily allow for that with a JX kit.

Quote Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
    I couldn't see anything in the rules saying I couldn't so here goes
    http://www.carkitcompany.com/

Look at the FX 2010+ Nav kit because that is the closest to the JX. On inspection of the wiring diagrams the FX and JX are almost identical. There are two extra pins occupied with the JX but we can easily allow for that with a JX kit.
    I already posted your link in another thread as well (the next modification thread)

http://www.carkitcompany.com/infinit...ss-kit-2010-12

13. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)