How do I use Accessory mode?

InfinitiJXForum.com is the premier Infiniti JX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

How do I use Accessory mode?

Seriously! After over 30 years of driving I'm actually embarrassed to be asking this, but clearly I'm doing something wrong and unless I'm blind, I can't find it in the manual - probably because it's THAT basic, but then again there are pages on how to use the seatbelt! Anyway...

We were at the drive-in (goin' all retro in the JX!) and would find that every 30 minutes or so the JX would power down, so I'd have to go back into (what I thought was) accessory mode repeatedly all night long. Last time around, we had actually drained the battery and needed a boost. Clearly I'm doing it wrong, but this is the first vehicle I've had with a pushbutton ignition, so I'll admit newbieness there.

What I assumed was the right procedure was to press the ignition button WITHOUT stepping on the brake. That turned everything on, keep the headlights off, and seemed to work. But the 30 minute limit and eventual battery drain tell me that might NOT have been Accessory mode.

Help?

Anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

If you want to use the audio system without starting the engine, leave your foot OFF the brake pedal and press the ENGINE START/STOP button once. To use other accessories like the windows or climate control without starting the car, press the button a second time. The instruments will light up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now