Infiniti JX Forums banner
10K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  justafew 
#1 ·
Is it just me, or do others find it ridiculous that the JX gives a warning that its cold outside? I find it annoying that whenever I start the car in the winter, I get a "temperature low outside" warning. I think it's pretty obvious to the driver that its cold outside. Do we really need a warning for this?

#2 · (Edited)
I don't know if the temperature can be set to a lower degree but you can disable it in the Vehicle Information Display. My unit comes on at 37 degrees. I did find it handy while on our cross country trip. We were on a 12th hour on the road in Montana when the temperature dropped radically from the 40's to below freezing within an hour. Shortly after it started snowing. I did appreciate the warning since I was oblivious to the outside environment.

This is from the Owner's Manual: Outside Temperature
This setting allows the customer to
enable/disable the alert for low outside temperature
in the vehicle information display.
1. Use the buttons to select “Outside
Temperature”.
2. Press the ENTER button to turn ON/OFF
the outside temper

#5 ·
In the vehicle information display on your dashboard, hit your menu button to cycle through until you get to the menu that has Driver's Assist, Vehicle Settings, Main Menu Selection, etc. Scroll down until you get to Alarms, then choose that one. The first option in that menu is the Temperature. Turn that off and temp alerts will no longer pop up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.