Infiniti JX Forums banner
42K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  p1diff 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Bridgestones?

What tires are supposed to come with the fully loaded jx awd? (20" ) Mine are are Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS. Real junk. I have sworn by and always used Michelin. The tires on my car were extremely over inflated when I picked up the car. What do all of you have?

Thanks.

#10 ·
What tires are supposed to come with the fully loaded jx awd? (20" ) Mine are are Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS. Real junk. I have sworn by and always used Michelin. The tires on my car were extremely over inflated when I picked up the car. What do all of you have?
I have the awd with Deluxe Touring Package. During a rain storm my awful Bridgestone's had me slipping and sliding. Today I am having Michelin Latitude Tour HP, 235/55r20 put on my car. I have notified the dealer and asked for a credit and when I can return the old unsafe Bridgestone's. Anyone else have this experience? I plan to escalte to Infiniti if I do not get a satisfactory response from my dealership.
You seemed to have made up your mind already that the Bridgestone was junk before the rain storm.
The surveys and the tests done at tirerack do not seem to agree with your observation though. They seem to compare well with the Michelin Latitude.

#7 ·
After 3500 miles on the 20" Bridgestone Duelers, I'm pretty happy. They're pretty quiet compared to many other crossover/SUVs that I've driven or ridden in. The handling is pretty good for this type of vehicle. I just don't have wet/snow experience on them yet. We'll see about that in 4-5 months.

#8 ·
Why use Bridgestone on 20". Michelin is so much better!

Well, we got caught in a thunder storm and the tires totally suck. We slid all over the road. Inside pressure plate says inflate to 35psi. The other option for 20" is the Michelen Latitude Tour HP. Much better tire. I see Infiniti uses Michelen on the 18' but use a cheaper and awful Bridgestone. I pay more for the loaded jx awd and they inferior tires on the car. SHAME ON YOU INFINITI!!!!!

#9 ·
Terrible Bridgestone Tires

I have the awd with Deluxe Touring Package. During a rain storm my awful Bridgestone's had me slipping and sliding. Today I am having Michelin Latitude Tour HP, 235/55r20 put on my car. I have notified the dealer and asked for a credit and when I can return the old unsafe Bridgestone's. Anyone else have this experience? I plan to escalte to Infiniti if I do not get a satisfactory response from my dealership.

Thanks.

#11 ·
Did your dealership or Infiniti give you credit for the new 20" Michelins?

Thanks.

#12 ·
I was going to purchase a JX with the 20" tire/wheel option tonight, but decided against it after speaking to my friend, besides being a $1700 option, what turned me off was the future cost and scarce availability of these tires, they're $50-$75 more each tire, plus I didn't see alot of choices to choose from at this point.

#13 ·
I would not be concerned with the 20's. I was actually happy that the 20's came with Duelers and NOT the Michelin Latitudes. I had the Latitudes on both of my previous Armada's (also 20") and they were TERRIBLE tires! Nice and smooth when new, but always scary as hell in snow and ice. They were a little slick in rain, but slush was pure hell!

#15 ·
Our Mallfinder will arrive in December. We got the Platinum package, which has 20" wheels. I would rather have 18's. For my snow set, I already bought some 18" Blizzaks and new take-off OEM Murano 18" "5-Y" wheels. I will be able to immediately put the snows on the for the winter, and have 4 months to sell the brand new 20's and shop for another set of 18" summer tires/wheels. So, whatever tires come on it will be gone anyway.

#18 ·
Well spoken gibbons. For me, I had actually decided on waiting for the Pathfinder, I was going to get the Platinum Premium (we have two young boys). I ended up selling my Armada for the asking price, so I was fortunate enough to toss down an extra $4500 on the purchase of the JX (since I sold my Armada, I had to have a vehicle right away).

I have had many Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. I am a huge fan of the styling of the Infiniti, and I love Xenon lights. I do like tech features, although they are not necessarily a must have. My wife loves the safety features of our JX, especially the back up collision intervention. About 7 years ago at our previous home, our next door neighbor was backing his Tahoe out of the garage about 10 feet so he could get his riding lawnmower out, I am not going to get into details, but he backed over his 2.5 year old son, instantly killing him. That day will be forever imbedded in my mind, and my wife's mind. Also, a couple of years ago one of our state senators who lives in our neighborhood, did the exact same thing to his granddaughter.............as crazy as it sounds, this is two lives that could have been saved by possibly back up cameras, but most certainly the JX's back up collision intervention. So my wife has a high regard for some safety features. Also, not that it is needed, I have a fond appreciation for an EXTRA QUIET interior, and a more luxurious feel, but I would not have purchased the JX had it not be for me selling my Armada outright, I would have gone for the Pathfinder and been perfectly happy.

If it were my choice, I would take a JX, the Pathy's 4WD system, Pathy's CVT (with slightly better MPG, towing capacity is nice, but I have never towed closed to 3500lbs), JX's engine (nothing wrong with 5 extra hp and 8lb extra of torque), or better yet, a turbo version of the 3.5, with the same MPG.

#22 ·
Thats the problem with buying a first model year vehicle, it isn't the best, it has flaws....a number of them. But even on future production years we'll see flaws but at least it will improve along the way!

For all we know the first model year JX could be some of the better JX's out there, we'll just have to wait and see!

#28 ·
I have the 18" Michelin Latitudes and they've been great, I was looking at tirerack.com and they are showing Continental Contact LX's as an OEM tire that actually has more stars than the Michelin's, and this UTQG rating which I really don't understand is higher than the Michelins.

Anyone tried these tires yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.