Infiniti JX Forums banner

Sunroof Leaking???

20K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Mayoo 
#1 ·
Has anyone run into this issue with the front sunroof?
It was raining hard today, and I put my hand in the rear side of the sunroof to make sure that I didn't have it tilted. I felt water so I assumed that I must've accidentally left it tilted but, to my surprised, it was fully closed. :mad:

#2 ·
No rain here in California at all, not until Oct/Nov. We did put the JX through a car wash twice now without any evidence of water leak at the sunroof (or anywhere else).

#3 ·
It's a crimped gasket. Open it fully & close once more. It happened to me on my other Infiniti during a car wash. Should be OK after you open it fully, inspect & straighten out the rubber weather-strip gasket, and close again. If you're unsuccessful, you're dealer should be able to fix it (or replace the gasket).

#12 ·
I have JX and am currently having issues with it. I have taken it to several carwashes and am literally getting wet inside the car during the wash. I have taken to the dealer and they have replaced the seal which seemed to help for about one carwash and now it is leaking again. I love my JX, but am dissapointed with the sunroof issue.

#15 ·
So i noticed this issue today only in a car wash. i was at Petro Canada Touchless and they use these " jet speed washer mechanism etc etc ". Saw a bit of water spray inside the vehicle. Now we had flooding rain past few days and i was at the road with the wipers going crazy but no leak in that case.

I am taking to dealer any ways on Monday

#17 ·
So took to dealership and had a long chat with the Mechanic. They did pressure washer on top of sunroof and verified no drops but some moist coming in. They also did the drain test and verified the drain plugs are correctly working and the water is draining fine. .. Moving on ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.