Infiniti JX Forums banner

QX60 vs. JX35 - pricing question

16K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Boulder Bill 
#1 ·
I've been looking at these cars for a bit. Some dealers still have the JX model year 2013 on the lot.

As near as I can tell, there is little difference between the '13 and the '14. But the pricing still remains very close - not much of a discount on last year's model. Any sense as to why?

I don't mind getting the JX, though I worry some about ultimate resale with the rebranding. But I certainly see no reason to do so without any financial incentive.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bill

#2 ·
I've been moderating this site for about a year and a half and first started researching the JX months before it came out. The only differences I've seen between the two are the hybrid, electric folding third row seats and the XTronic CVT. Not much else has changed. You can tow 5000 lbs with the QX vs. 3500 lbs with the JX. Personally, I wouldn't want to tow a trailer weighing that much with QX. This car to me is a touring car, and a get the kids to the soccer game car. From what we are hearing, there has been some issues with the newer version CVT, but Nissan/Infiniti has been addressing them.

There are a couple Infiniti sales people on this forum that can probably answer you question better, but for what its worth, I don't think you are going to see much difference in re-sale value on either. The name is a cosmetic issue and shouldn't make a difference. The older the vehicle, the more depreciation. I would think that if you could find an earlier JX on the lot, you might get a better deal. We have heard of several members on this forum who have gotten great deals. I know at the dealership where I purchased my JX, they now have over 20 sitting there and also have the QX. I'm sure they want to get the older cars off the lot.

For the Infiniti sales people on this forum, can you also advise this member?

#4 ·
If we still had any JX's in stock, I expect they'd be a grand or two less than a new one. But we don't so I have no idea. The only JX I know of around here is the owner's wife's car. When it gets to 5K miles, we'll sell it at a steep discount.

Resale definitely won't be as good on a JX. Not just because of year, but also because of perceived (not real) issues. The change to the CVT system that Bob refers to will almost certainly have already been done on any JX that's still in stock. The car would have to have been manufactured before May for it to have the old tranny.

If they'll make you a great deal on the JX, take it. If not, buy the QX60.

#6 ·
I checked the dealership website where I purchased our JX and they still have 8 (http://www.infinitioftacoma.com/search/new-jx35/tp-md1149/). I know dealerships can cut deals with other dealerships to get their customer the car they want. Our dealership made a deal with a New Hampshire dealership to get our JX back here in Washington and our Nissan dealership found the Rogue in Oregon and had it delivered here. Its always worth asking your salesman if they can find you the model you want. I was surprised that ours still has 8 and they look like they are priced to sell.

#7 ·
Thanks Bob,

Took a car home the other evening for a test over night. Drove much better than reviews suggest. This is, after all, a SUV. :)

Like the Premium, Premium Plus, Roof Rails, Kick Plates, Maple Trim. Time to start looking for a matching silver/black JX or QX.

Thanks for your input.

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.