Infiniti JX Forums banner

Elite maintenance plan.

33K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  AlanF 
#1 ·
We got the JX AWD yesterday and we ended up taking the Elite maintenance plan (zero deductible) offered by the finance gal. We have a 39 month 15K/year lease, so she offered a 45,000 mile plan for ALL the scheduled maintenance in the owner's maintenance booklets (basically every 3750 miles). She showed an actual cost of 2246 from their own service department charges for each of the maintenance. Those figures were true, compared to my experience with my two G35 vehicles since 2003. We got it for 50% off at 1123. I think it was a pretty decent deal to get dealer servicing and it's good at any Infiniti dealer in the US, where most would offer a loaner +/1 car wash at each service.

Anyone else purchase the plan or have thoughts about it?

#3 ·
Extended warranty and prepaid maintenance are 2 different products. Our lease is fully covered under standard warranty, but we still have to do maintenance, so this maintenance plan seemed like a good deal. We'll actually probably use it to service at another dealer closer by. There are some dealers that sell both online, our deal was only good at time of purchase from Infiniti of Oakland (CA). That price was what I'd calculated I would spend at an indepedent repair shop, but now I get Infiniti service with loaners, etc.

#7 ·
I don't know all the details of the different plans, but on our contract there are selections for $0, $50, $100 deductible and we have the zero. That may be the 3 levels you are quoting. It's also not the time period, but miles that matter more when looking at a maintenance plan as most folks go based on mileage not how many months they've had their car. I don't have a printout of their standard service pricing, but she showed me all the expected services and prices on her computer screen and they were 49 or 59 for a 3750 mile oil change, about 100 for the 7500 mile oil change and and tire rotation and inspections, about 499 for a 15000 or 45000 mile intermediate service, and 699 for a 30000 mile major. All of those added up to 2246 over 45000 miles.

Those are on par with my experience when I call for quotes to service my 2007 G35S. I usually end up going with my independent repair guy who used to be a master technician at an Infiniti dealer for 10 years. He charges about 65% of dealer charge, but he doesn't have a loaner or shuttle and does not wash the car. Many real picky owners over at the G35 forums say that they always demand NO car wash, but I've never had any problems when getting it washed at the dealer with a service or warranty repair.

My local dealer now charges something like $10 or $15 for fuel every time you get a loaner. It used to be free loaner and return it with the same amount of fuel, but many probably abused that. Now they charge that upfront and you return it was whatever amount of fuel you want. I had to send them out to fuel up the car once when they tried to give me a loaner with the low fuel warning flashing on the info screen.

#10 ·
PREMIUM
39mo/45k=$1399
48mo/60k=$2029
60mo/75k=$2699
72mo/90k=$3169
84mo/105k=$3629
96mo/120k=$4159
ELITE#1
39mo/45k=$939
48mo/60k=$1349
60mo/75k=$1629
72mo/90k=$1889
84mo/105k=$2239
96mo/120k=$2519
ELITE#2
39mo/45k=$669
48mo/60k=$1029
60mo/75k=$1339
72mo/90k=$1489
84mo/105k=$1679
96mo/120k=$1839
* What I got from the online quote. Let us know if someone finds a lower rate somewhere.

#17 ·
#19 ·
Did you crunch the numbers on how much it costs for maintenance? I'm debating between getting the Premium and the Elite.
To me it doesn't make sense to take the Premium for less than 4 years.
I'm thinking of delegating this work to the concierge service in Infiniti Connection. They claim they can do anything we tell them to do. :D

#22 ·
Here are the numbers given by the same dealer who sent me the quotes for the plans.
Oil Change = $62
Oil Change with tire balance (minor service) = $203.95
Intermediate Service @ 15k, 45k & 75k = $490.86
Major Service @ 30k & 60k = $792.26

Others who've owned an Infiniti before please let me know if these numbers are inflated.

#24 ·
These are what are extra in the Premium.
1. Lubricate all locks
2. Replace Automatic Transmission Fluid
3. Replace Differential Oil.
4. Replace Engine Coolant.
5. Replace Engine Drive Belts.
6. Replace Manual Transmission Oil.
7. Replace Radiator Cap.
8. Replace Transfer Case Oil (For JX?)
9. Replace Wiper Blades (as needed)
10. Road Test Vehicle.
11. Optional: Flush Automatic Transmission.

At what mileage / duration would these be done?

#28 ·
Maintenance Number Crunch

Ok, I crunched the numbers today. Here is what I came up with. By the listed prices for the the Schedule 1 service of an AWD JX for 8 years or 120,000 miles the total comes out to $5707.25. The Dealer recommend maintenance was a little more but I didn't figure that however, for the premium adds an additional $4,406.95 to the above $5707.25 for a grand total of $10,114.70!! Yes this is if you were to pay the dealer price for the maintenance at every 3,750 miles you would end up paying over $10,000 for maintenance!

Again this is computing every oil change, and scheduled maintenance every 3,750/3months at the dealers listed price.

After looking at this, its easy for me to justify the maintenance plan for 8/120,00. Just need to decide either the Premier or the elite 1

Hope this helps!

BTW, if your interested and want the Excel or PDF of the schedule with prices PM me!

#31 ·
Can anyone answer me this question regarding the ex.warranty? I was told by our dealer that they did not sell the Infiniti warranty but rather one called the mechanic. Why would a dealership not sell their own company warranty or at least offer it as a choice? Can they do that? The one they offer is 100,000 Platinum and a better price than what the manufactors usually are but wondering if there is a downside? Can I buy the Infiniti one through Infiniti direct or another dealership? All of our warranties have always been Nissan secure plus and just a little concerned,so any input would be greatly appreciated.

#33 ·
I'm doing some more checking on this. Did call Infiniti and another dealership in our area and they will sell us the Infiniti warranty. Obviously the down side is we can not finance in the Infiniti one should we choose to cancel the other one. Just hoping someone else can shed some light on off brand versus brand warranty.

#35 ·
We are buying the car not leasing. I am just going to cancel the 3rd party warranty that they sold us and buy the Infiniti warranty through another dealership. The only lose is I have to pay for the Infiniti warranty and cannot finance it in to the car and canceling the other warranty won't change my payment, just adjusts the principal.

#37 ·
Yes, I suspect you are right. There is another thread with warranty prices but someone else referred Circle Infiniti in New Jersey and they are great! I just got a price of 2905.00 for the Elite 96mo/120k, zero deduct.ext. warranty and that beats my local who priced it a 3800.00!! She also quoted me for the Premium maint. plan 3199 for the 5 year/75K. Her name is Sherry Horelick and her phone number is: 732-389-1200. Worth calling and getting a quote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.