Infiniti JX Forums banner

Extended Warranty

54K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  Paradox 
#1 ·
I'm looking for information on how/where to get best price for JX extended warranty (genuine Infiniti extended warranty only, not a 3rd party warranty):
1. Must you purchase the extended warranty from the dealer where you are buying the JX, or can you buy an extended warranty from any Infiniti dealer if their price is better? (Honda allows you to do this)
2. If you can shop around for extended warranty, which Infiniti dealer is known for offering the lowest price?
3. Does Infiniti offer just one extended warranty plan, or can you select different coverage levels, e.g. 50,000 miles versus 100,000 miles versus 200,000 miles?

#2 ·
I have seen in other infiniti forums that you can buy extended warranty from any authorized dealer and have your car serviced by any infiniti dealer.

I have seen the following 2 dealers mentioned consistently in other infiniti forums. But neither of them list the JX yet.

Circle Infiniti in NJ (http://elite.circleinfiniti.com/)
Infiniti of Scottsdale in AZ (http://www.eliteprotectionplan.com)

I would appreciate posts from somebody who has an experience with either of these dealers and can confirm/clarify the following

* Can you buy from any infiniti dealer?
* Can you service at any dealer?
* How soon after the purchase (months/miles) do you need to buy the extended warranty?

Thx.

#3 ·
raoden: thanks for reply. I had also came across Circle and Scottsdale on other forums, as well as Douglas Infiniti, and sent requests to all three. Clrcle and Douglas responded with their prices. But, no reply (yet) from Scottsdale.
They confirmed you can buy from any Infiniti dealer and have service performed at any Infiniti dealer. Their prices assume car has less than 6k miles and 6 months from original date of purchase. They generally offer a variety of options ($0 or $50 or $100 deductable and mileage coverages from 82k to 120k).
One piece of advice - make sure you are buying the genuine Infiniti Elite warranty and not a 3rd party.

#5 · (Edited)
Here is what I received via email from Circle Infinti: (about $500 cheaper per deductible compared to what I was offered from the dealer I bought from)

Dear Brian --

Thank you for your inquiry. And congratulations on your new JX. You are really going to enjoy your ride.

Pricing for an extended warranty is as follows -- this is for a 7 year/100K Elite Extended Protection Plan from Infiniti. By extending your coverage to 100K miles, the plan is written either for 7 or 8 years.
These plans, by the way, are transferable if you sell the car during the coverage.

$0 deductible: $2308 $50 deductible: $2033 $100 deductible: $1812

I would need a copy of your new car purchase and temporary registration. Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have. My #s are 732-389-1200 ext. 109, or my cell 732-834-0732.

Again, thank you for your inquiry.

Sherry Horelick
Product Mgr.
Circle Infiniti
732-389-1200
sherryh@circleinfiniti.com

#7 ·
I was thinking about getting the extended warranty, but after reading the terms I'm not so sure. The terms state specifically that reduced functionality from wear and tear is not covered.... So does that mean that if the CVT begins to crap out at 80,000 miles, it's not covered because it would be considered normal wear and tear? Also, received another quote from a dealer in Arizona:

Thank you for your inquiry! Based off your current mileage these are your options for extending your factory coverage...

NEW 2013 JX35 w/500 miles (price and term change once you exceed 6k miles or 6 months from original date of purchase).

$0 Ded
72mo/82k=$1533
84mo/100k=$2273
84mo/120k=$2499
96mo/100k=$2339
96mo/120k=$2765

$50 Ded
72mo/82k=$1369
84mo/100k=$1998
84mo/120k=$2213
96mo/100k=$2072
96mo/120k=$2447

$100 Ded
72mo/82k=$1238
84mo/100k=$1777
84mo/120k=$1973
96mo/100k=$1848
96mo/120k=$2180

***Additional Discount if paid in full...no sales tax!!! Internet pricing not available to FL residents***

The deductible will not kick in until your original 48mo/60k warranty has expired and the deductible is per visit not per item repaired. Let me know if you are also interested in Infiniti's pre-paid routine maintenance program. Thanks again and have a great day.

Cheryl
EliteProtectionPlan.com
1-866-374-3412
1-480-941-4481 (fax)

#10 ·
I understand that Infiniti Factory Officials and some Infiniti Dealers regularly track forums like this. If so, we would sure appreciate your interpretation of what specifically is meant by "reduced functionality from wear and tear is not covered" by the extended warranty. This is a major consideration in my decision to purchase the coverage.

#13 ·
I decided to buy the extended warranty through Courtney Mutema at Infiniti of Scottsdale (EliteProtectionPlan.com). She had the lowest prices of all dealerships I surveyed. I paid $2890 ($2955 less $65) for the Zero Deductible / 96mo / 120K. Note, that InfinitiUSA raised their prices in May, so the price list that Jugdish shared earlier in this thread is out of date,

#14 ·
Jugdish....just an fyi...called the number for Cheryl regarding the warranty and she no longer works there. She has gone back to the Nissan side. Did speak to a Mark and he was very helpful. Did inform me that the prices for the warranties did go up as of May 1st. There is also no longer the 50.00 deductable tier, only zero or 100.00. He quoted me for the max warranty of 96 months and 120k $2955.00, so you can see the small increase. Better than I was quoted where I live of $3800.00!! Thanks for the contact!!

#18 ·
Quotes I received from Sherry on 5/31, must be paid in full:

0 Ded
84/100 - 1700
84/120 - 1875
96/100 - 1795
96/120 - 2102

100 Ded
84/100 - 1260
84/120 - 1500
96/100 - 1450
96/120 - 1700

I was only provided these based on my driving habits. Not sure what other prices would be. She did say that if i paid that day she would take $50 off to hit month end numbers.

#19 ·
Havegoodgetgive.......Hmm...I know prices went up June 1st but didn't go up that much. Are you sure that quote was for the Ext.Warranty and not the Pre paid maint. plan?? The warranty would have nothing to do with your driving habits but the maint. plan would.

#20 ·
Does any one know extended warranty is bumper to bumper or power chain only?
I had BAD experience with BMW Factory extended warranty (0 deductible), such as
-- Battery dead at 4.5 year, and charged $500 (not covered).
-- A/C isn't code at 6 year, need a check for $281, if some part broken, then covered by warranty, if not, then no.
-- Your transmission is leaking, need a charge for $2500, and not covered by warranty. etc

#21 ·
Bob - Looking at her email now and talked to her on the phone, definitely for warranty and not maintenance plan. The reason driving habit came in to play is that I told her I would drive <= 10k/yr and wanted to keep the car long term so she provided me the longer year/mileage rates. I agree if she quoted you 2905 for the 96/120 that is a big difference.

#22 ·
I sure hope you jumped on that one! Even the dealership couldn't believe the 2905.00 price I was quoted. The one they had to sell us was a secondary warranty at 84/100K for 2200.00 so your quote of 2102.00 is a steal!! She's already done all mine but I may just mention the difference in quotes. It's so frustrating for us all to have so much difference in all these quotes we are getting! I wish they would just quote the same so everyone gets a fair deal and they make a little money. We all know dealerships need to make money but they sure do not have to gouge!! Let me know what you end up with. Good Luck!

#23 · (Edited)
96 months/120k $100 deductible

Sherry at Circle Infiniti (NJ) $2318

Courtney at Infiniti of Scottsdale $2328 - $50 off if paid in full. $2278 total.

As mentioned above, you can buy your warranty from any Infiniti dealer

If you buy out of state you avoid the 2.5% warranty tax (except FL).

If you have found a better price for the 96 months/120K miles than $2318. (Infiniti Elite), in the month of June, please post where you found it.

I currently have the Elite on my M45 and it is by far the creme of the crop of warranties. A true bumper to bumper. I can't tell you often it saved my butt on my first model year M, but I've made my money back 10 fold.

The wear and tear part sucks because if a component doesn't work properly because of a wear and tear item, they won't fix the wear and tear item to correct the problem.

For example, my seat ventilation was not blowing as strong as when I got the M. Come to find out the blower under the seat was working fine, but the ventilation tunnels in the seat foam had become obstructed from the seat foam collapsing over 8 years. The seat foam was wear and tear, so it was not covered.

When the blower for my AC system went out ($1200), Infiniti installed a new one no questions asked. I only paid $1600 for my warranty way back when, but I recooped my losses after 2 claims. I got a new $14,000 engine at 80k because my M had oil consumption issues.

With the JX being a 1st model year, I strongly recommended it. Its transferable and refundable (pro rated basis). So sell with the car or cancel it and get money back if you're going to sell the car.

The only thing that bugged me was that squeaks and rattles and plastic trim pieces are not covered after you factory bumper to bumper.

But just about everything else is. You will receive a book that basically list every single component that is covered and it's extensive.

Hope this helps and I hope everyone else keeps shopping around so we can all find the best price.

These warranty prices go up dramatically after 6 months/6k, so don't wait.

#29 · (Edited)
Keep in mind $3k if invested in 4 years (after the base warranty runs out) can be worth $3,750 assuming 6%. So if your motor dies (in a previous example) get the warrant, however $3,750 buys you a lot of repairs.

Extended warranties are basically insurance policies. Nissan makes money on these (they definatly do not lose money) and averages repairs across their cars. On average you should be better off not buying the extended warranty, however the JX is a new design (except the motor) and if you sleep better at night knowing you're covered, get the warranty.

#30 ·
Agreed but don't forget they are refundable if you should sell or trade your car in before your loan is up. They pro rate what you paid depending on how many years you are into it. We traded in a 2010 Armada and got back 2700.00 so basically just moved it forward to the JX.

#32 ·
Theres way too much gizmos and doohickies in this vehicle, something really expensive is bound to go haywire. I had to buy extended warranty. Im in vancouver picked up a pretty good deal at month end at the dealers, third party.
84months / 140,000km 0 deductible for $2050. Got quotes at other dealers fro $3800. My mind is at ease knowing Im covered for the next 7 years.

#33 ·
I agree with Duece. So many electronic doo-dads. One failure and you've got your money back. Plus you can get a refund on the warranty if you sell car before it is up.

You're surprised that the cost of the extended warranty is negotiable? You just spent 45 minutes grinding the poor salesperson's commission down to nothing, but pay full asking price to the Finance guy for the warranty? Ummmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.