Infiniti JX Forums banner

Planning A Long Trip

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BobOB 
#1 ·
My wife and I are planning on taking a cross country trip (Seattle to Maryland to South Carolina) later this year. I'll more than likely need a couple oil changes and maybe other service on the trip. We will head out on Interstate 90 and take the shortest route. Any recommendations on Infiniti dealerships closer to the mid-west and east coast? Any to steer clear of?

This will be a good test of the car's performance since we are figuring the trip will put on close to 8,000 miles on the car. I'll keep tabs on mpg and performance and post the results when the trip is completed. I'll also give the car a nice wax job and use Griot's bug guard (for the front of the car and the Yakima cargo box) since that stuff works very well.

#3 ·
Thats pretty close to the mpg I'm calculating for our trip. I'm also checking alternate routes to avoid the real heavy metro areas such as Chicago. I'm hoping to travel in those areas during off peak periods so that I can keep up with normal highway speeds.

#5 ·
That sounds like a good plan. I'll probably do the 15K service right before we leave. If I can avoid an oil change on the trip, that will be awesome. I do want to get a picture of th JX with Mt. Rushmore in the background. I'll post the best pictures too.

From what I can tell from my cell phone provider, it looks like I'll have access to the Infiniti Conection through most of the trip. I know I'll be using it frequently. I'll also be using the trip planning tool to load the route and way points before we depart. Can you tell me if there is a limit to the number of trips one can enter? I already have about 10 destinations in the system.

#6 ·
You'll have IC access anywhere there's a GSM signal (read ATT or T-Mobile). I haven't figured out yet which carrier Infiniti uses, but I do know it is GSM rather than CDMA.

I think you should come up with some goofy photo pose and take that picture at multiple stops along the way. Rushmore, Wall Drug, etc. Or at every "Welcome to XXXX state" sign, or something like that.

#7 ·
Thats what I'm hoping to do. We plan on stopping by the John Deere Pavilion, Antique Archaeology (American Picker's show), the three golf courses in Myrtle Beach, etc.

My former boss always requested anyone going anywhere to where the Department's work T shirt with some backdrop in the background so I'm planning on doing something similar with the Infiniti in the fore or back ground. It will be fun. I already have pictures of it on the Pacific Ocean in Washington and going through both giant Redwood trees in northern CA. Favorite car---favorite places!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.