My JX needs a new transfer case 2k miles out of warranty

InfinitiJXForum.com is the premier Infiniti JX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

My JX needs a new transfer case 2k miles out of warranty

I own a 2013 JX35 that just turned 72,000 miles. We noticed a loud noise a few days ago and took it to the dealer for service right away. I was informed that the car needs a new transfer case and I will need to pay $2,800! The warranty on the transmission only goes to 70,000 miles. I contacted Infiniti customer care to start a case to cover the cost. I was told after a day of review that since it is out of warranty, they will not cover anything. I can't believe that Infiniti will not cover a transmission problem that is only 2,000 mile out of warranty considering that the problem had to be building for a while and did not just happen. I am very disappointed in Infiniti. Has anyone else had a similar problem or situation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

I had the same thing happen on a Mazda MPV. Less than 500 miles out of the 60,000 mile warranty the transmission failed. It cost $4,000 to repair. Mazda refused to cover the repair. A year later Mazda revealed that the transmission required additional cooling channels which they added to the following year model. They knew about the problem and failed to do anything about it. No class action suit either. This is the reason we buy the longest extended warranty on any new car. You just never know when something is going to go wrong. I feel your pain.

Well that's one of the good key and that's the only reason i always prefer to buy long tow chain for my rides. You just never know when something is going to fail.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Did you heck to see if it was leaking fluid? Ours was, and had warranty work to replace all the seals. Not an easy job since they needs to pull out the rear manifold to do it.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Infiniti JX Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.